60 Days Free Trial Diets and Weight loss Products

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Are Fruit Juices Sabotaging Your Weight Loss Efforts?

About 6 weeks ago I started on a diet- I'm cutting out fast foods, fried foods, and anything "white" such as rice, pasta and bread. I've started eating a lot more protein- chicken, fish and lean beef. I lost 8 pounds in the first 2 1/2 weeks, but since then the scale is moving very slowly- only 2 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks.


The only thing I'm doing differently from the beginning of the diet is that I started using a juice machine that we had tucked away in the closet years ago. I use mangoes, apples, berries, celery, oranges, watermelon- everything! I have a big glass with my breakfast and dinner every day. Should I cut it out?


Fresh fruit juice is delicious and a nice treat to have once in a while if you're at or close to your ideal weight.


Fruit juice would not be on my list of beverages if I'm trying to lose weight. It's commonly mistaken that because something is fresh, it must be healthy, and because it's healthy, it's good for weight loss. This is far from the truth.


Although fresh fruit juices are usually packed with vitamins and minerals, they are loaded with high glycemic sugars, and provide no fiber. These sugars will keep your body out of the fat burning zone by raising insulin levels. Soon after having raised insulin levels, your blood sugar shoots back down making you hungry and putting you in a position of eating more, or dealing with headaches, fatigue and other consequences. Neither are good options for weight loss.


The absence of fiber in the juice also allows the juice to be digested and absorbed in a flash, which can get you into the position of low blood sugar, fast. Had you kept the fruit intact, eating a little bit of the fruit would not be such a weight loss killer because the fiber would have slowed down digestion, and you'd have less overall sugar.


Keep your goal in mind when putting anything in your mouth, whether it is food or drink. Your goal here is weight loss. All liquids that pass your lips should be calorie- free. For optimal results, go with tea or water.


For More Related Topics Blog: Celebrity Weightloss

No comments:

Post a Comment